SHERIFF'S OFFICE FISCAL ANALYST
Salary $67,330.49 - $81,835.98 Annually
For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331
The Sheriff's Office seeks a skilled Fiscal Analyst for their Administration Bureau.
If you're ready for a challenge, a fast paced work environment, and an opportunity to make a difference - you're ready for us!
Being a Sheriff's Office Fiscal Analyst
As the Fiscal Analyst, your primary responsibilities will be to develop, monitor, and manage multiple operational unit budgets; prepare projections and other financial reports/recommendations; conduct operational data and cost analysis; develop and administer grants and contracts; write requests for proposals (RFP's); and prepare Board agenda items and special reports/presentations. The ideal candidate for the position will possess:
- Professional analytical and/or administrative management work experience which focused on budgets, contracts, grants, and RFP's
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and a common sense approach to completing work
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and experience managing complex and diverse tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt quickly and work effectively with minimal direction
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with, and work collaboratively with all levels of staff
- Extensive spreadsheet and database experience, knowledge of financial software systems is highly desirable
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
Education: Any combination of course work and training which would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Normally, academic course work in public administration, business administration, management, accounting, political science, economics, statistics, English composition, psychology or closely related courses would provide such opportunity.
Experience: Work experience which would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Normally, one year of full-time professional level staff experience related to general administration, accounting, budgetary analysis, or personnel work including research, analysis, and preparation of written reports and recommendations would provide such opportunity.