CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICERFCMAT/CSIS
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
(California School Information Services)
Open & Promotional Filing Deadline: September 29, 2017
The California School Information Services is seeking a highly motivated candidate with proven management experience in the development and implementation of large (multi-agency, regional, state or national) information systems projects, and general knowledge of school district information management systems and how local education agencies use data. This position is in downtown Sacramento with an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including CalPERS retirement.
For job description or to apply, go to https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/963889
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$11,678 - $12,827 per month. Maximum entry level is $12,238 per month. Holiday, sick leave and vacation benefits provided. Prepaid medical, dental, vision, and counseling plans provided for employee and family. Prepaid life insurance policy provided for the employee. Employees of this office are not covered by Social Security, but do have mandatory retirement coverage with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). This position is located in Sacramento, CA.
- Implement a commonly shared set of expectations for the CSIS Program including technology-based data management products and services.
- Supervise CSIS department managers to ensure effective coordination of resources for the attainment of project objectives.
- Develop and monitor an effective project management plan component that contains all tasks necessary to obtain project objectives.
- Communicate regularly with FCMAT, the California Department of Education (CDE), representatives of California’s K-12 educational community and other interested stakeholders.
- Provide leadership for the assurance of confidentiality and security of family and student information in electronic systems processing.
- Provide leadership and direction in technology planning, computer and infrastructure acquisition, applications development and deployment, and on-going operations.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven and progressive management experience with the development and implementation of large projects having multi-agency, regional, state or national impact.
- Knowledge of the structure of the California school system and its information practices and procedures is desirable.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated understanding and interpretation of technical planning documents.
- Ability to work independently and administer diverse staff members and programs.
- Ability to exhibit a basic understanding of the K-12 and higher education infrastructure.