Public Works Director
The County of Yuba is currently recruiting on a department promotional basis for the position of Public Works Director. This position plans, organizes coordinates, and directs the construction, maintenance, and operations of the County’s road, bridge, drainage, and parks infrastructure; provides professional engineering expertise to County management, Board of Supervisors, other governmental agencies and the public; oversees and assures compliance with State, Federal, and County codes and regulations on all Public Works functions; serves as the County’s Road Commissioner pursuant to California Streets and Highway Code §2006; and performs related work as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the Public Works Department which includes long and short range capital improvement, land and road development projects.
- Road Commissioner duties and responsibilities.
- Provide input on the administration, management and operations of the Community Development and Services Agency; contribute to the overall quality of the agency by developing, reviewing and making recommendations for improvements to ensure maximum service provision.
- Direct the selection of staff and provides for their training and professional development; interpret regulations and County policies and procedures to employees; ensure effective morale and productivity.
- Plan, organize, assign, manage, review and evaluate the work of assigned staff either directly or through subordinate supervision; conduct performance evaluations and administers discipline as required.
- Direct the development of the department’s work plan; assign work activities, projects and programs; coordinate project review; prepare long range plans; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; ensure timely and efficient operations.
SUBMIT A RESUME or CV TO APPLY (Contact/Questions):
Amber Darrach, Yuba County Human Resources
Mailing Address: 915 8th Street, Suite 113, Marysville, CA 95901
E-mail Address: email@example.com