AV Systems Engineer
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a AV Systems Engineer for the School of Professional Studies. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Purpose of the Position: The primary purpose of the AV Systems Engineer position within the Learning Space Technology team at UNC Charlotte is to design, maintain, and support effective and accessible learning environments for faculty, students, and staff. This position requires advanced knowledge of AV design, networking, and control systems to maintain new and existing classroom AV systems within all University learning spaces. The AV Systems Engineer will create, test, and deploy GUI interfaces and AV control systems programs for all University AV installation and classroom support projects. This work will include the configuration and/or code development for advanced AV control systems.
Salary: $68,774 - $78,000
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Essential Job Duties: This position will assist the AV Integration Manager with the development of AV designs and documentation for all AV installation projects at UNC Charlotte which includes material sheets, line diagrams, elevation drawings, and other supplemental materials. The Engineer will provide integration assistance and technical support for all internal and external AV installation projects and may occasionally serve as a project manager during peak operations periods. This work will require the utilization of the departmental project management software tools to provide updates, track project progress, and indicate the completion of all assigned tasks.
- Graduation from a two-year technical college with a major in an Information Technology field and one year in the information technology field related to the position’s role.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with AV control systems programming.
- 5+ years of experience in the AV profession.
- 2+ years AV design and AV programming experience.
- Experience with networked AV systems.
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment.
- Experience using Smartsheet or other project management software.
- Experience with IT service management and ticketing systems.
- Experience with Crestron NVX or Extron NAV AVoIP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, adapt to changing requirements, manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure and garner consensus from multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced troubleshooting and AV installation experience including networked AV components.
- Ability to independently complete and prioritize work tasks.
- Documented experience working with a variety of stakeholders on the completion of complex AV installation projects.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #007751. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.