Educational Program Assistant 2
The University of Connecticut School of Social Work is seeking experienced applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 2 in the Dean’s Office. The School of Social Work offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's, and doctorate levels, and offers classes to non-degree students, as well as certificate programs and workshops. Under the direction of the Dean’s office, this position provides responsible administrative and program support to the Office of the Dean and the Master of Social Work (MSW) and Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative and program support to the MSW and BSW Directors and programs and general assistance to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Serves as a resource to individuals and groups on matters relating to program and academic activities and on matters relating to administrative policies and procedures.
- Compiles and analyses data regarding BSW and MSW program activities, demonstrating an understanding of the program objectives and procedures and the understanding and evaluation of data sources.
- Conducts course audits for BSW and MSW students.
- Responsible for gathering data related to accreditation and compiling reports.
- Serves as the facilitator or assists in facilitating the planning, evaluation, data collection, coordination, and review of School accreditation studies.
- Compiles and maintains a collection of resource materials and program information.
- Assists with student orientation activities.
- Confers with and assists supervisor in the performance of program administration and activities.
- Assists BSW and MSW program directors with the development of course schedules.
- Responsible for special short-term projects that require planning, coordination, and supervision.
- Performs office management duties; directs the workflow and supervises the necessary administrative paperwork; records complex filing system to support program.
- Attends Educational Review Committee meetings, keeps timelines, keeps meeting minutes, and distributes materials at the requests of the program directors.
- Represents the academic programs to other University offices.
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support, making adjustments to accommodate changing priority needs.
- Helps prepare materials and assists in recruitment activities, as required.
- Handles confidential records in a professional manner.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years of related experience, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods and subject areas.
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding a wide variety of administrative matters.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Office Suite, including Excel.
- Master’s degree.
- Work experience in an academic environment.
- Familiarity with University of Connecticut/State of Connecticut regulations, policies, and procedures.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The hiring range for this position is $50,000 to $55,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University offers outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496619 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on November 4, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.