Student Support Services (SSS) TRIO CoordinatorUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
The position coordinates and supervises the federally funded TRIO SSS program which provides academic support services for students with diverse disabilities at the California State University, Sacramento. This position oversees all aspects of the TRIO program measurable initiatives and involves planning, developing, and implementing programs, processes, and activities for eligible students with disabilities in accordance with federal and state law, to ensure their equal access to the academic and campus environment. The SSWD SSS TRIO Coordinator works in an interdisciplinary team to provide coordination of Department of Education grant-required direct services to eligible students.
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline in the student/human service areas and demonstrated experience in student/human services.
- Demonstrated experience leading and completing projects, and performing other necessary duties, under pressure and tight timelines.
- Demonstrated experience identifying academic support needs of students in an educational setting, with referrals to relevant community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, with willingness to assume additional responsibilities as needed, to fulfill the SSS grant requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the application of general counseling techniques as they relate to students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work and problem solve with a variety of people, e.g. students, faculty, staff, administrators, and community agencies.
- Knowledge of physical and learning disabilities, and their impact on learning, as well as appropriate accommodations.
- Experience supervising and/or coordinating part-time employees.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit train and supervise student academic coaches.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and aptitude for detailed work.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.