Senior Event Set-up Supervisor / AV TechnicianUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
University Enterprises, Inc. at Sac State is seeking a Senior Event Set-up Supervisor / AV Technician
Salary Range: $2,929 - $4,101/mo + exclnt benefits incl. CalPERS retirement
Hours: Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Deadline to apply: 8/03/18
The position is responsible for leadership, planning and coordinating of all physical elements of event setup, including audiovisual equipment, furniture, staging and overall room appearance. Develops plans and manages meeting and event production, and coordination of all event services in the evenings, including providing setup and operation of an extensive array of audiovisual equipment. Ensures that the equipment is in good working order and properly secured. Supervises the physical setup of events and participates in the setup of the rooms. Assists with all other building operations functions as needed.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with accepted standards for setup and operation of function space including room setup styles, ADA requirements, fire and life safety requirements, and day-of-event operations.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with audio-visual equipment such as portable and built-in sound systems, video/data projectors, flat panel monitors, connections for laptops and portable handheld devices, video signal switching systems, lighting control systems, wireless and wired microphones.
3. Demonstrated skill in working in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing work assignments, coordinating many tasks, and completing assignments with strict attention to detail.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
5. Ability to provide concise, clear and accurate verbal and written communication to a diverse public and staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to supervise student staff while working alongside them to accomplish tasks in the most efficient manner possible.
7. Ability to work a varied schedule, which will include a significant number of nights and weekends.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of safe working practices, including equipment safety guidelines and proper lifting techniques.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
Experience working in a university or college student union or another large event venue.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section, and do not write, "See resume."