Research Assistant lUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Pay: $13.60 - $19.05/ per hour
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position performs research support for the Water Resources Group in the Department of Geology including (but not limited to): construction of 3-D hydrogeologic framework of select California oil and gas fields.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Geology, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) oil and gas well descriptions and geophysical logs.
3. Demonstrated ability in sedimentology and stratigraphy, geographical information systems, and structural geology.
4. Demonstrated ability in preparation of geologic reports.
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize many different tasks, determine the relative importance of each task, complete projects accordingly, and work with deadlines and time pressure.
6. Excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to clearly communicate in writing.
7. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
Special Instructions:If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Complete each section—do no leave sections blank or refer to your resume in lieu of listing job duties or answering supplemental application questions.