University Enterprises Inc. (UEI) at Sac State is seeking a Project Coordinator for The Pathways Fellows Program. The Pathways Fellows Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, is designed to prepare upper level undergraduates and master's level students of any major to engage in rigorous, high quality educational research and enter doctoral level program.
UEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Participation in TIAA Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed plus 1 personal day.
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
Apply by 10/22/2021.
Pay Rate: $16.78 - $25.17 per hour.
The position of Project Coordinator provides office support to the Project Director and co-PIs, sets logistics of meetings and events, and has the opportunity to help shape the vision of the program and provide encouragement for individual Fellows. The position reports directly to the Director of the Pathways Fellows project and works closely with the co-Principal Investigators and the College of Education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs clerical functions including typing, word processing, taking and transcribing minutes, data entry, copying, collating, filing, and related tasks to facilitate the operation of the project.
- Works collaboratively with Project Director and Co-Principal Investigators to develop procedures and timelines for the activities and events administered by the Pathways Fellows project.
- Schedules and arranges logistics for in-person and virtual meetings and events, including room reservations, guest speakers, purchasing supplies, creating invitations, assisting with presentations, and reserving interpreters (as needed).
- Assists in ensuring timely submission of budget-related items including preparing check requests, verifying receipts, and assisting with travel related paperwork. May assist with monitoring and maintaining the program budget and related records.
- Works with UEI Account Analyst to maintain and update the project’s budget and related records.
- Prepares materials for meetings and events, creates agendas for project meetings, attends meetings, takes notes, and distributes the notes following the meetings. Uses virtual meeting technology (e.g., Zoom) to assist and/or facilitate meetings.
- Assists with creating and maintaining multiple databases, including contact and budget-related information for Co-PIs, Fellows, Faculty Research Mentors, Grad School Coaches, and Apprenticeship Sites.
- Establishes and maintains office files and record keeping systems including confidential information and data.
- Works with program leadership to prepare annual reports on project activities.
- Regularly meets with Fellows to provide encouragement and to check-in on their progress.
- Maintains and updates the project’s website. Assists with updating the program’s social media and sharing content on websites and other social media formats.
- Serves as a point of contact for questions regarding the project. May give presentations about the project to faculty leaders or students.
- Other job-related duties, as determined by the Project Director, which will help facilitate the project.
- Demonstrated experience performing clerical functions such as maintaining calendars, word processing, filing, copying, answering phones, and typing.
- Experience organizing meetings and events including but not limited to travel arrangements and venue logistics.
- Demonstrated experience working in programs with culturally diverse students, teachers, faculty, or community members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships in a diverse environment and with multiple groups (e.g., faculty, staff, students, alumni).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and coordinate many different tasks, determining the importance of each, re-prioritizing if necessary, setting deadlines, and completing projects accordingly.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to clearly express ideas and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Education-related or Social Sciences field, or equivalent.
- Experience preparing budget-related paperwork such as travel and check requests.
- Experience preparing reports and summaries of activities.
- Experience with social media.