Payroll Technician lllUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $3,385 - $4,739
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Open until filled with a priority review date of 9/28/2018.
The position is responsible for the collection, preparation, data entry, verification, and organization of all payroll and benefits data as well as a variety of assignments in the University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) payroll unit necessary to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll. This position oversees the processing of final wage payments for all hourly separations and explains UEI policies and procedures as they relate to payroll as well as Federal and State Labor Laws. This position develops reports from the Payroll/Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and the timekeeping system. The position also serves as a backup for the Payroll Technicians and Assistant Payroll Manager.
1. Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in the methods, practices, and principles of payroll preparation and fiscal reporting.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the state and federal laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to payroll, including those affecting the maintenance of payroll records and determination of proper payments.
4. Demonstrated experience answering a variety of payroll questions and concerns from employees, supervisors, and managers.
5. Demonstrated experience in the use of computer systems and software applications including HR or Payroll databases, word processing, and spreadsheets related to payroll functions.
6. Demonstrated experience in data entry and using a 10-key numeric keypad.
7. Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of payroll preparation, record keeping, and transaction assignments such as the ability to maintain proper records, controls, and fiscal information.
8. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, wage calculations, and tax calculations. Demonstrated ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Demonstrated ability to perform complex transactions and calculations involving resourceful judgment.
9. Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and evaluate problems and develop effective solutions.
10. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain job priorities when there are changes in the workload, frequent interruptions, and competing deadlines.
11. Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a detail-oriented capacity and as part of a team.
12. Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
13. Demonstrated experience working with and maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
14. Excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
15. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Experience with Superion ONESolution software (formerly SunGard/Bi-Tech) software or similar HRIS/Payroll program.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to your resume in lieu of listing your job duties or in answering the supplemental application questions.