Information Technology Manager
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking an Information Technology Manager for the Information Technology, Business Services Department. The Information Technology (IT) department supports the technological and infrastructure needs of University Enterprises, Inc. In support of UEI’s mission and goals, IT provides data security, cost-effective access to technology, and assistance and advice in its use. As part of our high-level service, we administer end user technical support, server and operations management, IT governance and project management, network hardware and software support, financial system support, information security, strategic initiatives and planning, and computer training.
RATE OF PAY: $8,300 - $12,451 per month
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
• Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
• Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
• Paid Holidays – 14 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
• Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
• Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
• Childcare subsidy
• View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://simplebooklet.com/benefitsataglance.
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause. The selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. University Enterprises, Inc. is not a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1B Visa). It is strongly recommended that all University Enterprises, Inc. employees follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in the management of Information Systems such as systems administration, web application technologies, data security, risk management, and relational database management.
3. Demonstrated extensive knowledge of principles, practices, and trends of Information Systems.
4. Demonstrated supervisory experience including hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining technical employees.
5. Demonstrated experience in the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and administration of a personal computer network system. Demonstrated experience with Local Area Networking.
6. Demonstrated hands on experience in the operation and management of servers in a networked environment; the capabilities and adaptability of software packages and utilities; data processing system troubleshooting and repair; and software installation, maintenance, and support.
7. Demonstrated experience in training users and providing user support in the utilization of software and hardware and researching and resolving problems with hardware and software operations and breakdowns.
8. Experience working with and effectively managing projects and contracts with outside vendors and consultants.
9. Demonstrated administrative experience including organization, planning, cost/benefit analysis, budgeting and project management, and evaluation.
10. Familiarity with information security audits and other forms of IT audits.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of business continuity planning and execution.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
13. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain priorities, effectively develop and use resources, and maximize return on technology investments.
14. Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively function as part of a team and to successfully work with a wide variety of users.
15. Must be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated experience managing the technical aspects of one or more of the following: financial accounting systems, human resources/payroll information systems, automated time and attendance systems, and point of sale systems.
2. Experience working in a University and/or non-profit organization.
3. Project management certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent.
4. Experience with CentralSquare’s ONESolution/Finance Enterprise software or a similar accounting system.
5. Experience with UKG’s Kronos Workforce Ready software HR or a similar payroll/human resources software and payroll management software.
6. Demonstrative experience with cloud-based technologies and security such as Microsoft’s Azure and/or Amazon’s AWS.
7. Experience with Veeam Backup and Disaster Recovery software.
8. Demonstrative experience with VMWare and its technologies.
With or without a reasonable accommodation: Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal and written communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, scanners, copiers, printers, and fax machines.
Work is performed in an office environment, continuous contact with staff, the campus community, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer the Information Technology Manager directs and manages all information technology (IT) functions and services of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI). This includes planning, organizing, and supervising IT functions and services. The position facilitates information management, data processing, user support, application development, data communications, and networking. The position is responsible for the Disaster Recovery Plan for IT, information security audits, and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance. The position recommends corporate system objectives and long-range planning pertaining to the technological role in UEI’s strategic planning. The position reports directly to and receives general direction from the Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer. Reporting directly to the position are the Information Technology Assistant Manager, Network/Infrastructure Systems Analyst III, and Application Analyst III.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
01. Directs the planning, development, analysis, programming, implementation, and management of UEI’s IT systems and administrative applications; analyzes and recommends IT objectives including strategic and long-range planning, disaster recovery, and feasibility studies; makes recommendations regarding the utilization of IT within UEI.
02. Communicates regularly with other UEI departments and projects vendors, technology users, and Sacramento State Information Resources and Technology (IRT) staff; answers questions from and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other department heads and technology users; may serve on various Sacramento State committees to provide input for future Sacramento State IT strategic planning.
03. Identifies major projects and initiatives requiring Sacramento State IRT assistance on an annual basis and works in collaboration with the University in the implementation of those projects during the yearly project call including infrastructure, applications, security, business continuity, PCI, and/or disaster recovery.
04. Works with users to develop specifications for new applications and serves as a liaison between users and vendors to satisfy user needs and resolve software and hardware issues. Communicates with users about information processing alternatives and enhancements. Communicates effectively and professionally with all users to foster good working relationships.
05. Provides overall leadership in developing and directing a cohesive team involving all IT Department staff members in meeting the goals and objectives of the department and setting high standards for the staff. Supervises staff consistent with UEI’s policies which includes hiring, training, career development, compensation, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
06. Works with UEI’s contracted dining supplier Aramark for any technology related transition, as well as any ongoing requirements, including assistance with internet and network access, transitioning UEI’s POS systems, CaterTrax, CBORD and other food service software programs.
07. Works with UEI’s contracted bookstore supplier Follett for any technology related needs, as well as any ongoing requirements, including assistance with internet and network access for bookstore employees and customers.
08. Responsible for evaluating, recommending, purchasing, and directing the installation of hardware and software for the IT Department. Maintains open lines of communication with IT vendors to promote and protect the interests of UEI in all matters related to procurement, leasing, maintenance, software support, and services.
09. Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of IT best practices and emerging technologies through user groups, professional organizations, seminars, and/or professional literature and assists other departments in keeping informed about issues and changes in the IT area.
10. Plans, directs, administers, and controls all UEI information systems, data communication systems, and network systems. Analyzes data processing system utilization and performance and ensures that appropriate action is taken to correct deficiencies. Analyzes and defines network requirements and manages network resources.
11. Analyzes technical support issues and designs a cost-efficient work plan for each unique support situation, including the identification of the appropriate staff and tools necessary to accomplish a timely restoration of access to the computing tools upon which the UEI workforce relies.
12. Responsible for administering security levels as required on a user-to-user basis. Oversees and monitors security and audit trails of access to sensitive system data and utilities adhering to the CSU IT policies and standards. Determines and implements computer resource access limits on a user-to-user basis. Maintains, tests, and directs the Disaster Recovery Plan for IT. Oversees and updates all security standards including data security training, audit requirements, and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance. Coordinates and maintains UEI’s Business Continuity Plan reviewing on a yearly basis.
13. Acts in the capacity of UEI liaison with respect to the administration of any information security audits originated and issued by the Chancellor’s Office via Sacramento State or other information technology related audits, examinations, or reviews.
14. Plans and administers IT’s operating and capital budget. Researches and recommends technology budgeting for all departments within UEI.
15. Contracts for outside services, when necessary, with the approval of the Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises. University Enterprises operates commercial enterprises on the California State University, Sacramento campus; it is responsible for grant and contract management and fiscal services for University research and sponsored programs and provides fiscal services to University related agencies and activities. University Enterprises is a non-profit corporation governed by a board of directors in conformance with the appropriate State of California codes and policy directives of the Board of Trustees and the campus administration.
University Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active nondiscrimination program. It is the stated policy of University Enterprises that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment. All recruitment, hiring, placement, and promotions will be on a basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age (over 40 years), sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (diagnosis or history of cancer)*, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Any persons who feel that they have been discriminated against in connection with an application for employment should contact University Enterprises' Director of Human Resources at (916) 278-7003. *As defined in Section 12926(F), Government Code 12990.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***