Human Resources TechnicianUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary: $2,929 - $4,101
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
This position assists with the Human Resources (HR) administration needs of the California Intern Network. The California Intern Network (CAIN) is a statewide program of University Enterprises, Inc., based at Sacramento State, that provides college students with opportunities to work in their field of study while in school. Duties include but are not limited to providing excellent customer service to CAIN clients, reviewing and approving student jobs for posting, monitoring job postings, and assisting with recruitment outreach. The position is the primary HR liaison with the CAIN staff. Additionally, it performs various complex technical support functions; and serves as back up to the Human Resources Technicians. The position answers questions regarding personnel policies, procedures, and programs.
1. Demonstrated experience in the application of Human Resources policy and practices as they apply to a medium to large organization.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of online applicant tracking systems.
3. Demonstrated experience in a variety of office support, administrative detail, and secretarial work. Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures, methods, and equipment.
4. Demonstrated ability to train others in the use of systems such as applicant tracking system; ability to clearly present to small and medium sized groups.
5. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills; ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with clients and UEI personnel.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent command of English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Excellent proofreading and editing skills, including the ability to review and edit material for clarity, accuracy, overall consistency, and quality.
7. Demonstrated experience working with and maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
8. Skill in working in a hectic environment with numerous interruptions while maintaining a professional atmosphere and exercising tact and good judgment.
9. Demonstrated experience using standard business computer software including email, word processing and spreadsheet such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Demonstrated experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
11. Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and the ability to coordinate many different tasks, determine the relative importance of each, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly.
12. Demonstrated ability to assist with the selection of HR student assistants; train and coordinate the work of student assistants.
13. Demonstrated skill in computer data entry with attention to speed and accuracy.
14. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
15. Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards, driving record will be monitored with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance.
1. Demonstrated experience working for a staffing agency.
2. Demonstrated experience coordinating recruitments.
3. Demonstrated experience in a college or university environment.
4. Demonstrated experience with Human Resources or Payroll databases.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to resume in lieu of listing employment details or answering supplemental application questions.