Graphic Designer lUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary Range: $3,385 - $4,739
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position provides graphics design services in the development of brochures, posters, newsletters, advertisements, signs, Internet graphics and other marketing and promotional materials; works with University Enterprises and University staff and customers in the planning and design of appropriate printed materials and electronic communications.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Communication Studies, or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in marketing, art, and publication preparation and design.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of graphic design, illustration, typography, color theory, and layout for print materials and Internet design.
4. Demonstrated experience with Macintosh and personal computer (PC) systems and software packages required for the administration of marketing functions and graphics design.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the current versions of Adobe Creative Suite Professional, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word software. Ability to create and follow established brand guidelines, style-sheets, and templates.
6. Demonstrated excellent proofreading skills. Excellent command of English usage including grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated experience working with printers and outside vendors.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of research principles and methods.
9. Demonstrated experience with prioritizing and management of multiple projects.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of photography and ability to use both a digital and film camera.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of spot and four-color process printing as well as RGB colors.
12. Demonstrate ability to prepare digital files for production.
13. Knowledge of Internet resources including WWW, HTML, and portable document formats and ftp.
14. Must be free from color blindness.
15. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress or other website management software.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to resume in lieu of entering prior job duties or answering supplemental application questions.