Event Services CoordinatorUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Salary range: $3,149 - $4,409
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position utilizes a computerized reservation system to facilitate and coordinate arrangements for special events, including room set-ups, catering orders, audio/visual, production services, security, parking, equipment rentals, and other services to support events held in the University Union function rooms. The position advises each customer in the most effective method of planning and executing their event at the University Union facility.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position that is covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Event Planning, Event Management, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated experience coordinating special events, including public relations, and marketing.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in planning events and function space use for a wide variety of purposes.
4. Demonstrated experience with evaluating multiple competing priorities for space and skill in recognizing potential conflicts. Ability to interpret and apply policies equitably and to identify unusual requirements and situations that require special sensitivity.
5. Familiarity with a college union or other institutional operation, such as a hotel or resort.
6. Demonstrated ability to work within established work systems and procedures and to keep detailed records in order to maintain consistency of service.
7. Demonstrated skills in meeting people easily and effective communication with all levels of employees and customers.
8. Ability to maintain composure and a professional demeanor during crises while exercising tact and good judgment.
9. Demonstrated understanding of catering services and menu planning.
10. Demonstrated ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks, encounter interruptions often, and problem-solve in a highly active environment.
11. Demonstrated experience in clerical methods and procedures needed to support the Event Services department functions.
12. Excellent command of English usage, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
13. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
14. Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and forms management, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
15. Demonstrated skill in working in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities and accurately completing work assignments.
16. Experience which shows the ability to establish standards for quality service and attention to detail.
17. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated communication skills in Spanish.
2. Experience using Social Tables, Master Calendar, AD ASTRA, or EMS Reservation software.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to your resume in lieu of listing prior job duties or answering the supplemental application questions.