Dining Services SupervisorUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $3,149 - $4,409
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position directs, coordinates, and supervises the day to day operations of Good Eats! in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position that is covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
1. Demonstrated increasingly responsible experience in food service planning, operations, and sales.
2. Demonstrated supervisory experience including, training, hiring, evaluating, and mentoring employees.
3. Demonstrated experience in the principles, techniques, practices, and procedures of food service operations, storage, and service in a volume retail environment; operation, maintenance, and use of kitchen equipment; customer relations methods and techniques; cash handling and management; inventory management; and food service sanitation and safety.
4. Ability to direct, coordinate, and supervise the assigned areas; select, supervise, coordinate, train, and evaluate a diverse staff; establish and maintain good customer relations; organize data, maintain records, and prepare reports; and communicate effectively.
5. Ability to ensure products and services meet the needs of customers and assist with the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
7. Demonstrated experience with computers including email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain job priorities when there are changes in workload, frequent interruptions, and/or competing deadlines.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent inter-personal relationship skills
10. Excellent customer service skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to analyze products, procedures, and services sufficient to recommend and implement effective solutions and/or alternatives.
12. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Prior work experience in a fast-paced college or university food service environment.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter.