Dining Services Manager (Chef)University Enterprises, Inc.
University Enterprises Inc., on campus at Sac State is seeking a Dining Services Manager (Chef)
Salary Range: $3,814 - $5,539 + exclnt benefits incl CalPERS retirement
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Deadline to apply: OPEN UNTIL FILLED with a priority review date of 8/3/18
The position manages, directs, plans, organizes, and supervises programs within the dining service unit of the Dining Commons and Summer Conferences in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in food management, culinary arts, restaurant management or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated supervisory or lead experience in the food service industry including increasingly responsible experience in food service planning, operations, and sales. Demonstrated experience in the preparation and service of foods in an institutional or commercial setting.
3. Demonstrated experience in the supervision, hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of a diverse staff.
4. Demonstrated skill in inventory management including rotation and organized distribution of products, loss control, and related record keeping. Demonstrated experience purchasing food and supplies and with pricing methods and techniques.
5. Demonstrated experience with computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and internet, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
6. Demonstrated working knowledge of food preparation, menu development, and recipe creation.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of principles, techniques, practices, and procedures of food service operations, storage, and service to large groups of people; operation, maintenance, and use of kitchen equipment; and food service sanitation and safety.
8. Demonstrated ability to direct, organize, coordinate, and manage assigned area functions and operations.
9. Ability to establish and maintain good customer relations and effective working relationships; ability to ensure products and services meet the needs of customers.
10. Demonstrated experience preparing and monitoring budgets; organizing data, maintaining records, and preparing reports; and developing and implementing sales strategies and plans. Ability to analyze retail sales operations.
11. Ability to establish and maintain job priorities when there are changes in the workload, frequent interruptions, and competing deadlines.
12. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and team building abilities.
13. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section, and do not write, "See resume."