Dining Services General ManagerUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $4,267 - $6,401
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Open until filled with a priority review date of August 24, 2018.
The position manages, directs, plans, organizes, and supervises operations, and functions of the Dining Commons and Summer Conferences in an efficient and cost effective manner.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Food Management, Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated increasing responsible experience in dining service planning and operations; preparing and monitoring budgets; developing and implementing marketing/sales strategies and plans.
3. Demonstrated experience in a dining service supervisory or management position. Demonstrated experience in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and supervising a large and diverse work force.
4. Demonstrated extensive knowledge of food preparation/production techniques and practices and menu development.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of trends/innovations in the dining service industry.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
7. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with staff, faculty, student groups, and organizations in person, via email, phone, and in writing.
8. Demonstrated experience with computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience executing OSHA sanitation and safety standards. ServSafe certification is required within 6 months of hire.
10. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, manage, and supervise assigned area functions and operations; organize data, maintain records, and prepare reports; analyze dining service operations and sales, and develop methods to achieve goals; ensure products and services meet the needs of the campus community; and develop and implement marketing strategies and plans.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of principles, techniques, practices, and procedures of food preparation, storage, and service to large groups of people; catering management and operations; operation, maintenance, and use of kitchen equipment; menu planning; purchasing of food and supplies; inventory management; fiscal controls and accounting; and food service sanitation and safety.
12. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain job priorities when there are changes in the workload, frequent interruptions, and competing deadlines.
13. Demonstrated ability to analyze dining service and retail sales operations; and develop methods to achieve goals.
14. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Prior work experience in a fast-paced college or university food service environment.
2. Prior work experience with a food service menu management system, such as CBORD.
Stand and walk for extended periods; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, registers, copiers, scanners, printers, and fax machines.
Work is performed in an office and kitchen environment; some exposure to heat and moisture; some exposure to grease and oils; continuous contact with staff, campus community, and public.
University Enterprises, Inc., (UEI) Campus Dining offers dining locations throughout the north and south ends of the Sacramento State campus. With a mission to provide our patrons an excellent dining experience, we strive to provide a wide selection of affordable and quality menu items at a variety of ethnic and mainstream restaurants. Our eateries also provide special dietary options for the vegan and vegetarian members of the campus community. Campus Dining prides itself on its sustainable practices through the continued use of: Sustainable food purchasing, Recycling and waste reduction practices, Green packaging and materials, Eco-friendly cleaning supplies, Energy-efficient appliances.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section and do not write, "See resume."