Coordinator, Operations and AquaticsUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary Range: $3,385 - $4,739
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The Coordinator of Operations and Aquatics assists with the management and direct supervision of The WELL’s building operations, including oversight of the operations service desk and locker rental program, administers all aquatics recreation programming, executes evaluations and assessments of area specific operations, advises the Assistant Director, Member Services and Operations of policy or operational improvements, and supports current partnerships while developing new relationships that support the mission of the WELL. In addition, the position will assist with the creation and management of the strategic plan and budget plan for all operations within related areas of management including operations and aquatics; monitoring expenses; and working with all WELL full-time staff, and student staff to promote a successful recreation experience.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management, Sports Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in facility management or operations within campus recreation or equivalent experience in another recreational setting.
3. Demonstrated experience with aquatic programming or day-to-day pool operations, such as experience as a lifeguard.
4. Demonstrated supervisory or management experience including selecting, training, coordinating, and evaluating a diverse workforce.
5. Knowledge of budgeting and risk management.
6. Ability to direct management goals, facilitate change, and create and implement innovative programs.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to compile, prepare, write, and review reports.
9. Demonstrated experience working with personal computer software applications including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, internet, and email software, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Experience using recreation or facility management related software.
11. Experience working in a multicultural environment.
12. Must acquire Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid certification within three (3) months of employment. Certification must be kept current.
13. Must be able to work a varying schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
14. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of staff and the surrounding community.
15. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Master’s Degree in Recreation, Sports Management, or related field.
2. Demonstrated progressively responsible recreation programming experience within campus recreation or equivalent experience in another setting.
3. Demonstrated experience in large student recreation centers, student unions, student activities, residence life, or student development.
4. Certified Instructor of Lifeguarding, Water Safety, and/or CPR/AED and First Aid.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to your resume in lieu of listing your job duties or in answering the supplemental application questions.