Building Maintenance MechanicUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $4,205 - $5,888
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Open until filled with a priority review date of July 6, 2018.
The position performs a variety of skilled, preventive, and general maintenance, repair, construction, and renovation on facilities and systems in buildings operated by Union WELL, Inc. The position is accountable for assignments given on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Assignments will vary depending on the needs of the facilities but will usually be in the general category of building trades. Performs journey level work independently.
1. Demonstrated extensive experience in commercial maintenance and repair work.
2. Must have Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification to work with controlled gasses.
3. Must have Office of State Fire Marshal Fire pump test certificate within three months of start date.
4. Journey level electrician or equivalent experience.
5. Experience operating a variety of building tools and equipment, including motorized and power equipment.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the operation, repair, and maintenance of building facilities.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of ventilation principles, thermal dynamics, and closed water systems.
8. Experience using BMS (Building Management System) software, including lighting controls, HVAC, or other environmental controls.
9. Must possess strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact courteously and effectively with customers, vendors, tenants, and staff.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of building and equipment maintenance and repair tasks, including electrical, simple cabinetry, plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC equipment, in compliance with work safety practices and standards. Ability to repair doors, locks, plumbing, electrical systems, equipment, fixtures, windows, walls, floors, roofs, fences, and furniture.
11. Basic knowledge of how to read and interpret plans, construction drawings, schematics, and blueprints; make rough sketches; estimate cost, time, and materials of maintenance, repair, and renovation work; ability to make arithmetic computations where required.
12. Experience using word-processing and email software such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
13. Demonstrated skill and knowledge in handling and storing hazardous materials.
14. Demonstrated experience with State and Federal safety codes and regulations pertaining to mechanical and HVAC systems.
15. Demonstrated experience with boilers and chillers.
16. Journey level knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair refrigeration problems.
17. Ability to read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions in English, read chemical labels, and follow directions.
18. Ability to work a varying schedule, including extended hours, swing shift, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed, and as part of an on-call rotation.
19. Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and to adhere to strict deadlines.
20. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
21. Must be legally eligible to drive in California and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards.
22. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated experience with repairs to sewer ejector systems, sump pumps, and pneumatic valves.
2. Experience working on appliances.
3. Experience working with heat exchangers.
4. Ability to operate scissor lift or boom lift.
5. HVAC Universal certified.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter.