Assistant Property ManagerUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary: $3,814 - $5,539
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Assists with management of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) properties, provides direct assistance to Property Services Assistant Director and Director in all areas including but not limited to construction and design, lease/contract management, accounting/business services, marketing/leasing, and supervises matters related to tenant relations and the use, maintenance, and operations of assigned facilities and/or properties. Coordinates within the department and with other UEI departments for property or facility related issues, prepares and implements budget and projections, solicits and then manages service contracts.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, business, construction management, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in working with building maintenance and building system service vendors (preferably in the Sacramento area).
3. Demonstrated exceptional skills in detailed organizational planning and building maintenance projects related to daily building operations.
4. Demonstrated skill in maintenance and repair. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage Property Services functions and projects.
5. Demonstrated experience selecting, supervising, coordinating, training, and evaluating staff/vendors; planning assigning, and coordinating staff/vendors.
6. Demonstrated experience using computer applications including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
7. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with an ability to resolve issues and problems in an effective and professional manner.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently, with many projects at the same time, meeting deadlines and budget restrictions.
9. Demonstrated experience in leadership and team building and the ability to direct service providers and maintenance personnel to attain effective results.
10. Demonstrated experience planning, monitoring, and managing budgets.
11. Demonstrated ability to communicate and write clearly. Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
12. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
13. Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record, and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards, driving record will be monitored with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance.
1. Demonstrated skill in reading and interpreting plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of planning; development; and the estimation of time, materials, and staff needs for budgeting and project management of capital and construction projects.
3. Knowledge of health, sanitation and employee work condition ordinances related to food service operations and building services.
4. Demonstrated knowledge or work experience in, scheduling and supervising minor construction projects and completion of maintenance work.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of work safety practices and codes related to building maintenance, construction, and repair work; and proper handling and storage of hazardous materials.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and software applications related to planning, developing, scheduling, and performing building maintenance, construction, and repair projects, including computerized building equipment control systems.
f you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section—do not leave sections blank or refer to your resume in lieu of listing job duties or answering the supplemental application questions.