Assistant Dining Services SupervisorUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Sacramento, CA Full-time
Posted on January 14, 2019
The position assists with directing, coordinating, and supervising the daily operations of one or more retail food units for Dining Services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated increasing responsible experience in food service planning, operations, and sales.
- Demonstrated related experience in the principles, techniques, practices, and procedures of food service operations, storage, and service in a volume retail environment; operation, maintenance, and use of kitchen equipment; customer relations methods and techniques; cash handling and management; inventory management; and food service sanitation and safety.
- Ability to direct, coordinate, and supervise the assigned areas; establish and maintain good customer relations; organize data, maintain records, and prepare reports; and communicate effectively.
- Ability to ensure products and services meet the needs of customers and assist with the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills or techniques needed to hire, train and mentor employees.
- Demonstrated experience with computers including word processing and spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain job priorities when there are changes in workload, frequent interruptions, and/or competing deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze products, procedures, and services sufficient to recommend and implement effective solutions and/or alternatives.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.