Application Systems Analyst llUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $4,932 - $7,397
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs in support of overall business strategies. The position analyzes, tests, and installs systems to support University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) application systems. The position troubleshoots, maintains, and ensures proper repair of hardware and software used in the UEI data center. The position trains and assists users with software and equipment usage and develops recommendations for enhancing system performance.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related area or equivalent experience.
2. Demonstrated experience with the analysis of user needs and feasibility studies.
3. Demonstrated experience as a project leader. Ability to lead teams and possesses a thorough understanding of project management tools.
4. Demonstrated strong understanding of financial, accounting, human resources, and payroll systems.
5. Demonstrated strong understanding of business functions and processes.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
7. Demonstrated familiarity with relational databases and client-server concepts. Ability to query databases with tools such as SQL or MS Visual Basic and ability to write complex financial reports using vendor software and external reporting methods.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of data processing, information systems, and all phases of the software development life cycle.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to serve as information systems consultant on the development and adaptation of computer applications; analyze equipment and software packages and make cost effective acquisition recommendations; to use and ensure proper and efficient utilization of data processing equipment and software; train users in the use of equipment and software; and talk to and interview others to obtain or exchange information.
11. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Familiarity with SQL and MS Visual Basic.
2. Familiarity with shell script programming.
3. Demonstrated experience with Superion One Solution (formerly SunGard/Bi-Tech) software.
4. Demonstrated experience with workflow concepts using a software-based workflow engine.
5. Demonstrated experience with report writing tools such as Superion CDD or Cognos.
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax machines.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section and do not write, "See resume."