Administrative Support CoordinatorUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $2,929 - $4,101
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
This position provides administrative, clerical, and front desk support for the department and its divisions in addition to executive assistant support for the Director and Associate Director. The Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) will hire, supervise, and mentor student assistants for the office. The ASC works with significant independence performing a variety of complex and confidential administrative tasks requiring a high level of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
1. Demonstrated professional experience in an administrative support position including experience performing clerical functions such as word processing, filing, copying, answering phones, and typing.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent command of English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and the ability to compose correspondence. Demonstrated ability to clearly answer routine questions and/or refer callers/visitors to appropriate departments.
3. Demonstrated experience with standard business computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Experience supervising or leading one or more people; ability to work in a team structure in a busy environment.
5. Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal internal and external contacts, in a professional, courteous, and effective manner, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
6. Self-directed with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work independently, function effectively in a detail-oriented capacity, and respond effectively and with flexibility to changes in priorities and deadlines.
7. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and to use discretion in handling and maintaining confidential information such as human resource or payroll materials and other sensitive information.
8. Ability to perform basic business math; knowledge of basic accounting functions.
9. Ability to independently handle multiple projects; ability to set priorities and delegate tasks among numerous activities and meet external and internal deadlines.
10. Ability to learn new office support technology systems, software, and processes independently and quickly.
11. Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in resolving problems.
12. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
13. Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record, and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards; driving record will be monitored with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance.
1. Demonstrated experience with Superion ONE Solution software (formerly SunGard/Bi-Tech) or other fund-based accounting software.
2. High degree of motivation; flexibility to develop along with the needs of the office.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please do not leave sections blank or refer to your resume in lieu of job duties or in answering supplemental application questions.