Administrative AssistantUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
University Enterprises, Inc. at Sac State is seeking a Administrative Assistant
Salary: $2,358 - $3,301/mo + exclnt benefits incl. CalPERS retirement
Hours: Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Deadline to apply: 8/03/18
The position performs a variety of administrative detail, office, reception, and secretarial support duties in support of the Administration division, Executive Director’s office, and other staff of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI). Through familiarity with University Enterprises policies and procedures, responds to routine inquiries and directs visitors and callers appropriately.
1. Demonstrated professional experience in a customer service position within an office or other administrative environment.
2. Demonstrated experience using computer software including word processing and email, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation and the ability to compose correspondence. Demonstrated ability to clearly answer routine questions and/or refer callers/visitors to appropriate departments.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral communications, customer service, and interpersonal skills working with a diverse population in a professional courteous, and effective manner.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and the ability to coordinate many different tasks, determine the relative importance of each, set deadlines, and complete projects accordingly. Ability to work in a hectic environment with numerous interruptions while maintaining a professional atmosphere and exercising tact and good judgment.
6. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and perform a variety of secretarial, office support, and administrative detail work; organize data; develop and maintain files; maintain confidentiality of information; operate a variety of office equipment; and prepare reports.
7. Ability to work in a team structure in a busy environment and to demonstrate resourcefulness in resolving problems.
8. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section, and do not write, “See resume.”