Administrative AssistantUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Pay range: $13.60 - $19.05 /hr
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
The position performs general clerical functions and office support for programs under the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Strategic Diversity Initiatives including CAMP and HEP. The position will provide general information and assistance to students.
1. Demonstrated experience in an administrative support position.
2. Demonstrated skills in modern office methods, procedures, and practices including effective typing, word processing, and telephone skills.
3. Excellent command of the English and Spanish language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
4. Demonstrated experience with computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and internet, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Demonstrated experience creating and updating spreadsheets to track financial data.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of basic budget maintenance procedures and practices.
7. Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
8. Experience handling and maintaining confidential information.
9. Demonstrated experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
10. Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record, and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards, driving record will be monitored with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance. Must have reliable transportation.
11. Must be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Experience working within an educational or academic setting.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Complete each section—do no leave sections blank or refer to your resume in lieu of listing job duties or answering supplemental application questions.