Accounting TechnicianUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Location: Sacramento, California
Salary range: $2,929 - $4,101
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
Responsible for performing a variety of complex accounting functions on a daily, monthly, and annual basis meeting all established deadlines. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing lead work direction to part-time accounting technicians and student accounting assistants, point of sale reconciliation, serving as cash custodian, daily bank deposits and reconciliation, reviewing Accounts Payable (A/P), creating Accounts Receivable (A/R) invoices, reviewing and posting purchase orders, company credit card reconciliation, monthly GL reconciliation, preparing monthly journal vouchers, monthly financial reporting, and year end assignments.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position that is covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
1. Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated professional accounting experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with applying generally accepted accounting principles.
4. Demonstrated in depth knowledge of the methods, practices and terminology of financial and statistical record keeping; cash deposit practices and procedures, accounts payable and receivable and accrual accounting entries; office practices; efficient 10-key operation; and computer systems and software related to financial record keeping.
5. Knowledge of auditing methods for daily cash reconciliation and handling, receipting, and maintaining records of money received.
6. Demonstrated understanding of all compliance policies and procedures for IRS, EDD, and the State Board of Equalization reporting as it relates to accounts payable and sales tax including, preparation of monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare, review, and analyze information; and to interview others to obtain or exchange information.
8. Experience working in a multicultural environment.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to perform duties in a fast paced, demanding work environment and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of staff and the surrounding community.
11. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or a related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in CSI Software Accounting Module.
3. Demonstrated experience in Abila MIP Fund Accounting software programs.
4. Experience in higher education or with a non-profit 501©(3) organization.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section--do not refer to your resume in lieu of listing prior job duties or answering the supplemental application questions.