Accounting Assistant llUniversity Enterprises, Inc.
Salary range: $2,725 - $3,815
Regular (full-time) Employee – 40 hours per week (Benefited)
This position performs general accounting duties and a variety of general office support. Processes and prepares invoices for Property Development, Student Housing, and Miscellaneous. Reviews and follows up on past due accounts; performs data entry; performs account reconciliation and journal entries; completes a variety of accounting and record keeping assignments; orders supplies; serves as back-up for two Accounting Assistant IIs and the Senior Accounting Assistant; answers the phone and greets visitors.
1. Demonstrated experience with accounts receivable practices and procedures.
2. Demonstrated experience with fiscal record keeping or reviewing. Demonstrated experience reviewing financial records, cash receipts, or disbursement in a centralized vault system, with emphasis on deposit and distribution of revenue to departments.
3. Demonstrated experience with computer systems and software related to financial record keeping. Demonstrated experience with word processing and spreadsheets, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the methods, practices, and terminology of financial and statistical record keeping; accounts receivable, cash deposit practices and procedures, and accrual accounting entries; basic accounting principles; mathematics and statistics; and office practices and reception techniques.
6. Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of financial and statistical record keeping of average difficulty. Demonstrated ability to evaluate fiscal record keeping problems and work with others to resolve them; monitor and update accounts receivable records; quickly and accurately operate a 10-key numeric keypad; and use a computer in the development and maintenance of financial records.
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare, review, and analyze information; and to talk to and interview others to obtain or exchange information. Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and communicate solutions to staff.
8. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
If you do not include both a cover letter and resume with your application, your application materials will not be considered. Please include your employment history in the "Employment Experience" section of your application in addition to submitting your resume and cover letter. Please complete each section. Do not leave sections blank or refer to your resume in lieu of listing duties or in answering the supplemental application questions.