Director of Child Support ServicesSUTTER COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES
The Director of Child Support Services is responsible for the overall administration and management of the
Sutter County Department of Child Support Services. Work is performed within a broad framework of general
policies and requires creative ability, resourcefulness and discriminating judgment to accomplish goals and
objectives. Work is performed with a maximum amount of independence. Work is reviewed in terms of
fulfillment of goals, program effectiveness and soundness of judgment.
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, and directs the activities and operations of the Department
of Child Support Services, fulfills legal responsibilities as mandated by State and Federal Law, and performs
other work as required.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Plans, organizes, directs and implements the successful completion of department goals and objectives;
recommends and administers policies and procedures.
• Directs and manages the fiscal and budgetary services for the department; works with the State
Department of Child Support Services fiscal division and County administration to assure the County
Child Support Services budget is balanced at the State and County level.
• Prepares and executes agreements between the County, State and consortia members, as approved by
the Board of Supervisors.
• Supervises, directs and evaluates staff, including managers and attorneys.
• Works closely with other agencies including, but not limited to, the County Human Services Department,
the Auditor-Controller’s Office, the District Attorney’s Office and the Courts to accomplish common goals
as they relate to the effective administration of child support services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
sociology or related discipline and four years of increasingly responsible supervisory and/or management
operational or organizational analysis and supervision in a social services agency that would demonstrate the
application of the above knowledge and abilities. A Master’s Degree may be substituted for one year of