Assistant Agricultural Commissioner / SealerSUTTER COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES
Our mission is to serve the public’s interest by ensuring equity in the marketplace, promoting and protecting agriculture, assuring environmental quality, and protecting the health, safety and welfare of Sutter County’s citizens.
The annual salary range for this position is $99,697 - $121,418 and is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information & how to apply, go to: https://www.suttercounty.org/jobs
The Assistant works under the direction of the Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights and Measures, with emphasis on upper management organization, direction and coordination of the Commissioner’s programs. Work is performed within a broad framework of general policy, and requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives, in applying concepts, plans and strategies which may deviate from traditional methods and practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Experienced in the range of agricultural issues facing small, rural counties.
- Experienced in budgetary and personnel administration.
- An experienced manager/leader who brings a reputation of strategic thinking, community building and organizational commitment.
- Proactive, creative, adaptable, and forward-looking and possesses the ability to think on their feet.
- Politically astute and media savvy.
- A strong public speaker with a customer service orientation and commitment to the broader goals of the County organization. These include a strong community presence and an open-door policy for citizens’ concerns.
- Team-oriented and places an importance on strong interdepartmental, regional and interagency relationships that reflect an understanding of the community dynamics that are essential to any Agricultural Department’s success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in one or more appropriate disciplines in agricultural, biological or physical science or chemistry as required by the Food and Agricultural Code for California Agricultural Inspector/Biologist licensing and five years of experience in agriculture inspection and enforcement of agricultural laws including two years of experience in a position equivalent to a Deputy Agricultural Commissioner, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must Possess and maintain throughout employment a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Deputy County Agricultural Commissioner and Deputy County Sealer of Weights and Measures. A valid California Driver’s License must be maintained throughout employment.