Solid Waste Planner IISacramento County
Accepting applications for:
Solid Waste Planner II
Approx. Monthly Salary:
Under direction, performs complex professional planning work related to solid waste management, source reduction, recycling, composting, transformation, and household hazardous waste and collection, transfer and landfill operations involving data collection and analysis, report preparation and contact with public and private entities.
Please view official job announcement for all requirements and testing information.
To apply online, go to www.saccountyjobs.net Click on “Jobs” under Popular Links or contact us at:
County of Sacramento
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, 4th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay Service
Deadline to file: Monday, November 6, 2017 by 5 p.m.
Examples of Knowledge and Abilities
· Federal, State and local laws and regulations relating to planning solid waste facility permitting and land use
· Principles, practices and techniques of solid waste facility and program planning
· Automated systems and applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications
· Trends and statistics affecting solid waste facility and program planning
· Collect, analyze, interpret, and evaluate data relating to planning for solid waste facilities program development
· Write logical, comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence including complex planning elements and plans
· Use a computer to prepare narrative and statistical reports, to enter, maintain, and extract information, to perform research, etc.
· Represent the County in dealings with other agencies and the public
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
· Make effective presentations, both orally and in writing
· Read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance