High Voltage Site Safety SupervisorSacramento, CA Area Jobs
T & D HIGH VOLTAGE SITE SAFETY SUPERVISOR
Oakdale, CA Full time
Under minimum supervision from the HSQE Director, provide leadership and guidance regarding HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) leadership, mentoring and coaching to site personnel, which includes, but is not limited to field personnel, project managers and superintendents. In addition, inspect working conditions in office and construction settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. Manage departmental documentation and PPE to maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements. The Site Safety Supervisor positions would be an on-site position. You must be willing to travel and remain onsite for extended periods.
- Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
- Participate/lead Site Safety Committee.
- Ensures that safety is the most important function, follows safe practices while working.
- Reinforces safe behaviors and eliminates "at risk" behaviors.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and understandsstandard operating procedures.
- Receives job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing.
- Follows technical, quality and safety systems in place and determines appropriate action.
Client Relastionship Management Accountabilities:
- Interact and support Client's safety management personnel.
- Conforms to specifications of the project, in-line with the client's expectations.
- Conduct Site Orientations - use of video, PowerPoint and other methods
- Prepare applicable content and participate in weekly all-hands meetings
- Prepare and document weekly all-hands meeting topics specific to current work.
Budget: Support the EHS budget process.
- Complies withoperating procedures.
- Reporting productivity daily.
- Mandatory overtime required.
- HSE auditing experience
- Manage Substance Abuse Prevention Program (pre-employment and post incident)
- Manage PPE supply inventory
- Support and monitor critical pick meetings and documentation for relevance and completeness
- Overview of JHAs for content and completeness
- Conduct Field Inspections complete written or electronic documentation
- Lead, coach and mentor incident management on project sites
- Investigation, corrective actions, execution, reporting (with support of supers and foremen), tracking.
- Responsible for all applicable site/project HSE related documentation.
- Dotted line reporting to site Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Ability to train and coach field associates to understand compliance requirements and regular compliance obligations for their location(s)
- Create an environment in which employees are looking to the HSE Department for assistance, guidance and solutions.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Support field managers in finding safe solutions to work challenges
- Ensure Project Compliance with RES System 3 LLC, Local, State and Federal Safety Policies
- Implementation of site-wide permit and compliance obligations, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge in:
- Read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Safety Training
- Following Rules and Regulations
- Industry standards
- Operating equipment safely and efficiently
Intermediate knowledge in:
- Listening skills
- Comprehending and following directions
- Meeting work goals
- Meeting deadlines
- Follow verbal and/or written directions accurately
- Conveying issues
- Radio use
- Relationship building
- Accuracy in work
- Experience with organizing and leading EHS audits
- Excellent oral and written communications, including speaking/presenting before large audiences
Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks including:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
- Twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Ability to work on different types of terrain.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- 5-10 year’s proven experience implementing HSE programs in the Wind, Solar, and Electric Utility T&D substation industries.
Preference will be given to a candidate with High Voltage or Medium Voltage construction experience.
- Minimum BS in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related degree or equivalent industry experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5 years' minimum supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a construction environment.
- Possesses or capable of obtaining recognized safety certifications/designations (ex. CSP/Certified Safety Professional)within 2 years
- Professional designations CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP, PE is a plus
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment. RES is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.