Make-up CoordinatorSacramento Bee
The Sacramento Bee, the area's leading source of online and print news, entertainment, and information, has an opening for Make-up Coordinators in its Premedia department.
As a Make-up Coordinator, the successful candidate will assist in the planning and layout of The Sacramento Bee and other McClatchy paper’s pages. Duties include correctly preparing products for The Sacramento Bee and other McClatchy publications, taking into consideration the style and rules for each unique publication; ensuring proper ad placement based on ordering instructions and placement logs; troubleshooting daily problems, including systems problems and change requests; working collaboratively with McClatchy newsrooms, advertising and production departments; and assisting the advertising team in coordination of special sections.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively via written notes, Google hangouts, messaging, telephone, email and/or face-to-face
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and to be resourceful
- Familiarity with newspaper production is preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package in a fast-paced, stimulating work environment. The Sacramento Bee, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to promoting diversity within our drug and alcohol free workplace.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.