Educational Subscription Marketing CoordinatorSacramento Bee
24.04 Hour + Commission
The Marketing Coordinator will cultivate sales and marketing efforts across all channels to expand sales and revenue growth for the News in Education (NIE) program, encompassing McClatchy’s 30 newspapers. This position is part of the Audience Division, Brand & Buzz Team and will report to the Educational Subscription Manager.
The Marketing Coordinator will work directly with the Educational Subscription Manager and will be responsible for developing, implementing and tracking sales, marketing and sponsorship campaigns for the NIE programs and will have goals and targets including but not limited to, digital sales growth, revenue & expense targets, teacher engagement and fundraising efforts. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to contribute to delivering on these goals and targets, anticipate shortfalls and identify areas for improvement or alternative plans to meet established goals as necessary.
This individual should possess both creative and analytical skills and have experience in executing programs to successfully reach new customers by utilizing a wide range of online, digital and social media resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of comprehensive marketing & sales plans that drive volume and revenue of the digital sales for the NIE program.
- Works to develop the needed creative offerings to ensure the features and benefits of each product is communicated to its targeted potential audience.
- Utilizes various programs and resources to create, implement and manage campaigns which includes but is not limited to, sales offers, email campaigns, online donations, newsletters, blog posts, web page updates, contests, social posting, and video production.
- Researchers, analyzes and evaluates department trends related to achieving sales & revenue goals and identify future enhancements.
- Maintains knowledge of educational needs and or areas of interest for educators to develop resources and programs that incorporate the use of the digital newspaper, the web and other literacy driven products for the classroom.
- Writes and promotes timely education materials such as newsletters, lesson plans and videos that engage K-12 teachers, students, schools and districts to both maintain current relationships and gain new subscribers.
- Develops, implements and maintains a scholarship program for teachers, students, schools and districts; including creating a multi-channel fundraising program for securing sponsors.
- Understands and upholds established Alliance for Audited Media (AAM) guidelines and to maintain a firm understanding of contest and promotion law, procedures, and affidavit issues. Sends, tracks and collects affidavits as needed.
- Serves as primary contact for teacher and sponsor related questions and provides professional and timely correspondence.
- Develop and maintain monthly sales, revenue and sponsorship reports and provide to stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the digital volumes and subscription revenue targets for each newspaper.
- Actively participates in McClatchy audience division conference calls, sharing ideas and best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter with strong adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through.
- Strong written, editorial and proofreading skills.
- History and development and execution of sales, marketing, and fundraising campaigns.
- Able to prepare and provide reports and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred; Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in business, marketing advertising or a related field, desirable.
- Minimum of 3+ years marketing & fundraising experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Web experience and basic understanding of current programming skills helpful.
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online digital sales and fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies.
- Familiarity with mass email applications and online sales platforms highly desirable.
- High degree of computer literacy, proficiency with MS Office applications and Google applications encouraged.