Digital Sales - Single Copy
Posted on February 22, 2018
This position has national responsibility to develop partnerships that will grow digital single copy audience and revenue. This includes each newspaper’s digital single copy, digital hotel programs, digital airport and other travel relationships and other micro-payment digital opportunities.
In this position, you will have goals and targets including but not limited to audience targets, revenue targets, and expense targets for each of the newspapers, with the sum of all equating to an operating cash flow target for the company. The position is expected to contribute to delivering on these targets, anticipate shortfalls and identify areas for improvement or alternative plans to meet established goals as necessary.
- Responsible for developing relationships with hotels, retailers, airlines, convention and visitors bureaus and other businesses with the target of growing McClatchy’s digital single copy business.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive digital single copy sales plans that delivers the needed volume to support each newspaper’s digital targets.
- Facilitates develops and aligns the digital single copy sales and marketing initiatives with each newspaper’s overall marketing plans.
- Works to develop the needed creative offerings to support national campaigns.
- Coordinates the production process for sales/marketing materials to include copywriting, graphic design, printing specs/quotes, and printing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all digital single copy marketing programs meet the needed ROI and targeted average rate per unit of sale as outlined in each newspaper’s budget.
- Analyzes weekly and periodic digital single copy sales volumes utilizing the information to make needed adjustments and to develop strategic plans for the future.
- Performs scheduling of promotional media, signage, and consumer messaging to ensure that all are linked to each of the McClatchy newspapers.
- Responsible for supporting, communicating and adhering to each of the McClatchy newspaper’s mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the key performance indicator targets for each of the McClatchy Newspapers.
- Stays in touch with the industry’s best practices and uses the practices to improve the productivity of programs used in each of the McClatchy newspapers.
- Actively participates in McClatchy audience division conference calls, sharing ideas and best practices.
- Ensures that all contracted work is done in accordance with the agreement the vendor has with us, with governing laws, policies and the McClatchy Company values and Code of Business Ethics.