Research Scientist (R22-54)
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
Description of Duties:
The Center for Human Services Research, University at Albany is seeking a Research Scientist to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of data collected for evaluations of social service initiatives. Areas of focus are child welfare, children's mental health, criminal justice, and education/early childhood development. Responsibilities include designing studies and overseeing data collection; creating and manipulating datasets; using advanced multivariate statistical techniques to analyze program impacts; analyzing data, creating data visualizations, and preparing reports.
- Master's degree in social sciences or related areas from college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience developing research/evaluation plans and/or collecting and analyzing quantitative data sets using statistical software packages
- Experience preparing reports, creating data visualizations, and/or presenting findings to non-academic audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Must possess documentation allowing employment in the United States
- PhD in social sciences or related areas from college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience evaluating human services programs using qualitative methods
- Experience writing grant proposals
- Experience with Tableau
Salary Range: $67,000 - $70,000 DOE
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=152396
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.