Security Gate Officers
Rancho Murieta Community Services District
SECURITY GATE OFFICERS
Salary: $2,423 – 3,031/mo. (DOQ)
Rancho Murieta Community Services District is seeking applicants to fill vacancies for Gate Officers.
District application required. No Exceptions.
Please fill out application found at https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/files/5b0f3a192/application+2020+editable.pdf
and submit this with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Controls and monitors access to and from gated residential portions of the District;
provides information to District residents and visitors;
- Maintains a variety of records and statistics on vehicles and persons entering and leaving
District; prepares daily reports of activities; answers telephone;
- Responds to inquiry, and routes caller to appropriate person;
- Operates radio dispatch equipment to communicate with other District Security Patrol
personnel; monitors alarm systems;
- Issues and maintains keys and other control devices for a variety of District buildings and
- Notifies District security personnel, law enforcement, rescue, and fire agencies of
emergency situations, including suspect and vehicle identification; assists other
department personnel in a variety of basic custodial and maintenance tasks;
- Prepare documents and maintain basic records and information files;
- Assist in training other Gate Officers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to learn District policies, rules and regulations relating to security and crime
prevention programs; Learn to record basic data and prepare basic reports; Learn how to
operate effectively a variety of telephone and radio communication equipment; deal
courteously and effectively with the public; Establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships; Speak, read and write at a level required for effective job performance;
Understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Operate two-way radios, computer
and related gate support software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge
and ability is qualifying. A typical way to obtain this knowledge and ability would be:
Education: High School diploma and/or equivalent.
Six months of experience requiring extensive public contact involving security and crime
prevention functions is highly desirable.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATES:
- Possession and maintenance of a valid California Driver's license and insurability
- BSIS guard card not required
CalPERS retirement of 2.0% at 55 for classic members, 2.0% at 62 for new members,
and medical, dental, and vision benefits. Visit
https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment for more information and the online
available District application.
Closing Date: Until Filled