Office Assistant I or II
RANCHO MURIETA COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
OFFICE ASSISTANT I or II
Salary: $2,826 - $3886/mo. (DOQ)
Rancho Murieta Community Services District is now accepting applications for one (1) Full Time Office Assistant I or II (DOE).
Send mandatory completed District application (which can be found at https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment-opportunities)and cover letter to Personnel, RMCSD, PO Box 1050, Rancho Murieta, CA 95683 or apply in person: 15160 Jackson Road, Rancho Murieta, CA, or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EOE.
SUMMARY: To perform the duties of receptionist/customer service and to perform a wide variety of document preparation, data entry, entry level accounting and general office support involving extensive public contact work; to perform other related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serves as receptionist and customer service representative, greets the public and provides information on routine questions and directs complex technical questions or unusual requests to appropriate staff members; takes and relays messages;
- Performs a wide variety of office assistance and general office support work including document preparation, filing, answering the telephone and assisting the public;
- Performs kitchen duties as required;
- Types forms, memoranda, and miscellaneous correspondence
- Sets up and maintains a variety of files; sorts and files documents and registers information;
- Collects, sorts, date stamps and distributes mail; prepares and sends out welcome letters/packets to new customers; orders and maintains adequate office supplies;
- Receives, prepares receipts, records and deposits funds;
- Assists accounting class staff with duties involving the receipt, balancing and posting of cash funds; and the gathering, assembling, tabulating, checking and filing of financial data;
- Responsible for maintaining office equipment in working order and arranging training;
- Assists accounting class staff with duties involving data entry of accounts payable, purchase orders and timesheet distribution information;
- Performs the duties of other office support staff in a backup and fillin capacity as needed.
Knowledgeable in receptionist and telephone techniques, basic accounting concepts, math, filing and recordkeeping procedures, standard office machines, equipment and software. Proper use of English language, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Ability to meet the public with courtesy and tact. Perform routine office assistance and office support work. Learn office methods, rules and polices. Understand and carry out oral and written directions. Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work. Carry out directions independent of close supervision. Operate computer and related accounting and office support software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience providing the required knowledge and ability is qualifying. A typical way to obtain this knowledge and ability would be:
Office Assistant I: Minimum Education: High School diploma and/or equivalent.
Office Assistant II: One year of experience as an Office Assistant I; or
Two years of office support experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to perform a variety of receptionist, customer service, basic accounting and general office support work in an independent manner.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATES:
Possession and maintenance of a California Driver's license and insurability
CalPERS retirement of 2.0% at 55 for classic members, 2.0% at 62 for new members, and medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Visit https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment for more information and the online available District application.
Closing Date: Until Filled