Accounting Assistant I or II
RANCHO MURIETA COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT I or II
Salary: $3,699 - $5,138/mo. (DOQ)
Rancho Murieta Community Services District is now accepting applications for one (1) Full Time Accounting Assistant I or II (DOE).
Send mandatory completed District application (which can be found at https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment-opportunities) and cover letter to Personnel, RMCSD, PO Box 1050, Rancho Murieta, CA 95683 or apply in person: 15160 Jackson Road, Rancho Murieta, CA, or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EOE.
- Performs a variety of technical and specialized financial, personnel, budgetary and statistical recordkeeping work in District general ledger, accounts payable and receivables, water billing, payroll, and budget activities;
- Assists in the establishment of forms and procedures relating to financial recordkeeping methods;
- Gathers and organizes data to assist District management in the preparation of reports and recommendations; assists in the preparation of special financial, statistical, budgetary and analytical studies and reports;
- Performs duties involving the receipt, balancing and posting of cash funds; gathers, assembles, tabulates, checks and files financial data;
- Performs the duties of other office support staff in a backup and fill-in capacity as needed.
Knowledgeable in procedures, policies, rules and practices affecting the development, maintenance and control of fiscal and personnel recordkeeping systems. Practices of financial, personnel and statistical recordkeeping, including automated accounting and bookkeeping systems. Basic budget preparation procedures. Filing methods and procedures. Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Basic governmental accounting principles and procedures. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
Ability to perform a variety of arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy. Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies. Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work. Carry out directions independent of close supervision. Operate computer and related accounting and office support software.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience providing the required knowledge and ability is qualifying. A typical way to obtain this knowledge and ability would be:
Minimum Education: High School diploma and/or equivalent.
Two years of technical experience in financial, accounting, personnel or statistical recordkeeping activities; or
If applying for the Accounting Assistant I position: Possession of a two-year college degree with a major emphasis in accounting, business management, or a closely related field (Two years of experience performing comparable duties to this position may be substituted for the two year college degree).
If applying for the Accounting Assistant II: Possession of a four year college degree with a major emphasis in accounting, business management, or a closely related field (Two years of experience performing duties comparable to the Accounting Assistant I may be substituted for the college degree).
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATES:
- Possession and maintenance of a California Driver's license and insurability
CalPERS retirement of 2.0% at 55 for classic members, 2.0% at 62 for new members, and medical, dental, and vision benefits. Visit https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment for more information and the online available District application.
Closing Date: Until Filled