Program DirectorPoppy Patch Child Care Center
Sacramento, CA Full time
Posted on March 29, 2018
Private, non-profit child care center.
- Coordinate, manage and direct the administration and activities of three child care centers, located on one campus.
- Serves as the Site Supervisor at one (1) of the centers and responsible for all duties at one (1) center as described in the Site Supervisor Duty Statement.
- Act as a liaison with the Board of Directors.
- Staff training and development.
- Supervises teaching staff and coordinates the curriculum and planning of the centers.
- Represent the centers in community outreach activities.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with all staff, current and prospective families.
- Awareness and understanding of the financial and business circumstances of the program.
- Maintain a professional library in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for managing current and relevant information on the Poppy Patch website.
- Responsible for appealing and functional centers.
- Other duties as required.
Specifications: Must have demonstrated proficiency in:
- A minimum of five (5) years direct experience managing a child care center.
- Meet all state requirements as set forth by Community Care Licensing and Title 22.
- Must have a minimum of 15 semester units from an accredited or approved college or university that include the following: at least 3-units shall be in Administration and Staff Relations; at least 12-units shall include courses that cover general areas of child growth and development; child, family and community; program development and curriculum. All courses must be passed with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Must have at least 3-units specific to infant care and development.
- At least 4-years of teaching experience in a licensed child care center or comparable child care program.
- Budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision.
- Training and personnel management.
- Principles of child and human development theory.
- Relevant federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles and practices of curriculum development.
- Principles of basic first aid and CPR.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Professional organizations and community resources.
- Fulfilling all requirements for the Department of Education food program.
- Recruitment and hiring of staff.
- Coordinating and implementing staff evaluations.
- Planning and implementation of a program of professional growth, development and training for Site Supervisors and Office Manager.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Possession of a high degree of initiative, independence of action and originality, tact, and good judgement.
- Ability to communicate effectively, develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships, and easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, showing understanding and being trusting and supportive.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- MS Office/QuickBooks proficiency.
- Experience with coordinating and implementing fundraising events.
- Direct experience working with children with special needs and/or various learning styles.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness.
Click the "Apply Now" button to email your resume or you can FAX it to (916) 845-0315