Real Property SpecialistPlacer County Water Agency
To acquire, manage and transfer real properties and property rights including easements; to supervise the technical staff involved in processing real property transactions; and to provide technical and administrative support on property issues.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices:
- Plan, organize, conduct and coordinate real property and property rights appraisals, acquisitions, transfers or disposal.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of technical staff involved in real property transactions and train staff in work related procedures.
- Meet with property owners to discuss PCWA needs and negotiates necessary real property rights.
- Prepare and maintain necessary documents and files to confirm the transfer of rights from landowners to PCWA.
- Assist property owners with issues regarding encroachments, right-of-way, compliance with regulations and set-backs and nuisances.
- Assist the public and Agency staff with the interpretation and location of easements, land rights and other legal documents.
- Manage survey requests for other department staff and confirm completion of work and payment of vendor.
- Review supporting documents prepared by outside vendors regarding negotiations to confirm accuracy and to determine impact on negotiations.
- Review appraisals and make recommendations relating to the fair market value of appraised properties.
- Negotiate for the purchase and sale of land, easements, rights-of-way and similar property rights.
- Investigate properties regarding ownership, restrictions, liens, encumbrances, easements, tax liabilities.
- Order and review title reports.
- Prepare various agreements, escrow instructions and other documents.
- Assist engineering, field operations, legal and other Agency staff regarding property, rights-of-way and easements.
- Monitor and negotiate changes to existing and new property lease agreements and represent the Agency as both lessor and lessee.
- Research and determine Agency rights with reference to rights-of-way and easements.
- Regularly gather data on government and/or private property that becomes available and informs departments of its availability.
- Manage Agency property including rentals and property maintenance.
- Represent the Agency in meetings with other governmental agencies and water purveyors.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding legislation or policies and procedures affecting real property activities.
- Maintain records and prepare correspondence and reports.
- Ensure that property documents are filed in a timely manner with the proper governmental agencies.
- Conduct and participate in community and public meetings relevant to property issues.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other Agency employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles, practices, instruments, laws and regulations of real property and property rights appraisal, acquisition, management and transfer.
- Real property, easement, deed and right-of-way description practices and terminology, eminent domain laws and their application.
- Principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Title and escrow practices.
- Applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Contract law.
- Methods and techniques used in negotiations.
- Methods, requirements and practices used in record keeping.
- Modern office equipment including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
PCWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in the employment process, contact Human Resources.
Position is open until filled but may close at any time; first round of application screening is scheduled for the week of July 23, 2018.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply soon for early consideration in the recruitment process.
For more info and to APPLY go to: https://careers.pcwa.net/postings/1951