Information Technology Specialist I - Application DeveloperOffice of the Inspector General
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has an immediate opening for an object-oriented PHP developer. Working closely with end users and a small development team, the candidate will be responsible for developing progressive web applications that adapt to complex business rules and leveraging open source technology.
Salary and Compensation
- Salary range: $5,069 - $8,200
- Defined benefit retirement plan
- 401(K) and 457(b) retirement options
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation package
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience with the following
- Basic project management
- Mobile first development
- Rapid Application Development
- Object oriented programming
- MVC design pattern
- Zend framework (V1 and V2)
- Bootstrap CSS framework
- Source control
- Proactive, organized and responsive
- Ability to translate business rules to application logic
- Ability to act effectively under deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to act independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to take direction to meet creative and business needs
- Ability to develop applications and reports with accuracy
- Ability to develop database-driven web applications
How to Apply
If you are not a current or former State of California employee, you must first take an on-line examination to qualify before submitting an application. Review the job class specification document for information regarding the minimum requirements before taking the exam. Please submit the following items with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job.
- State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically).
- Resume is optional. It may be included, but is not required.
- School Transcripts
Job Class Specification Link: http://calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/1360.aspx
Exam Bulletin Link: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/7PB35.PDF
Job Advertisement Link (Apply On-line): https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=106497
Application Link STD Form 678 (Apply via mail): https://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf
Contact: Marvin Noriel with the OIG's Human Resources department (916) 255-1124 for assistance with the application process.