DentistNorthern Valley Indian Health, Inc.
ASSIGNED SITE: Chico / Willows / Red Bluff / Woodland
Under general supervision of the Dental Director, the Dentist will provide dental services to Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. patients as permitted by licensure from the State of California. The Dentist will also coordinate relative administration procedures with the Lead R.D.A. This position may require travel between Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. sites to help fill staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list, but rather to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Provide dental services to Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. patients.
- Keep current with new techniques relating to all aspects of the dental field and related areas.
- Maintain clear channels of communication with all staff.
- Coordinate and supervise staff functions and duties during patient care.
- Participate in the annual review and update of the Dental Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Participate in the development and proposal of new dental policy with Dental Director.
- Keep the Lead R.D.A. abreast of current activities and situations within the Dental Department.
- Actively attend Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. clinic staff meetings.
- Maintain good rapport with the Indian community.
- Other duties as assigned.
All NVIH employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the NVIH’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Current California State license to practice dentistry.
- Current DEA Controlled Substance registration.
- Two (2) years experience in private practice or clinical practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Reliable transportation
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.