FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions: 1
Job ID: 529103
Business Title: PEOPLESOFT DEVELOPER
Civil Service Title: IT PROJECT SPECIALIST
Title Code No: 95710
Title Classification: Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location: 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit: Ops/TecSys PS Developer
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a PeopleSoft Developer to support ongoing production maintenance and the implementation of expanded functionality of the HR and Benefits functions.
Under the direction of the Development Lead, the PeopleSoft Developer has the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software architecture, as well as any associated custom development to meet the City's functional and technical requirements. This position will work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Lead, Business Analysts, Test Lead and key business partners to design, develop, unit test and implement product initiatives to support production. This person will work in various teams, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
- An associate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
- Strong experience using PeopleSoft in v9.2T,
- Development experience with HR, Benefits Administration, E-hire, ESS, MSS, and Approval Workflow
- Strong experience with PeopleSoft development tools version 8.56+
- Strong experience with People Code, Application Engine, Component Interface, and SQR.
- Good knowledge of Data Mover, Application Designer, Query Manager, Integration Broker, XML Publisher, and Job Scheduling.
- Strong experience developing PeopleSoft interfaces into legacy and third party systems.
- Strong knowledge of ST AT tool and SQL Server.
- Experience in fine tuning large installations of PeopleSoft on Oracle in both UNIX and Windows.
- Strong PeopleSoft development and integration experience with tool upgrades, applying patches and bundles.
- Experience with Oracle database and PS administration.
- Experience working on an enterprise-wide projects a must.
- Good Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- CA Scheduler Tool
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 529103. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POST UNTIL Until Filled
POSTING DATE 04/15/2022
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer