CITRIX/MS WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions: 1
Job ID: 528783
Business Title: CITRIX/MS WINDOWS ADMINISTRATOR
Civil Service Title: IT AUTOMATION AND MONITORING E
Title Code No: 95712
Title Classification: Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location: 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit: Ops/SS Technical Services
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Citrix/MS Windows Administrator to support the administration and maintenance of the Citrix XenApp environment as well as Windows LAN environments and users. The Windows support staff is servicing over 700 users, 350 Windows servers, and major Citywide applications. The team also provides 24x7 LAN supports for such applications as MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, MS M365, SCCM, Citrix, Shavlik, EPO, VMware, and SAN Storage. With these numerous projects comes the responsibility of managing and monitoring the infrastructure that resides on them.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
- Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Expert level knowledge in the design, build, and administration of Citrix XenApp Suite including Citrix NetScaler Application Delivery Controller.
- Expert level knowledge of RSA SecureID and Microsoft Multifactor Authentication.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows of 2016/2019 server and AzureAD-Forest, Domain trust, AD, ADFS, DFS, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Group Policy, Distribution lists, Windows folder security, and IP filtering.
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory LDAP service, shell scripting, AD Site Topology - all under a multi-site multi-domain Windows 2016/2019 server and AzureAD environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a Windows 2016/2019 environment- Event log analysis, installation, and administration of Windows Server 2016/2019, including user setup, defining user roles, performance tuning, backup and restore, security monitoring, registry, and AD scripting.
- Additional knowledge in NetBackup, SharePoint, and Microsoft M365 SolarWinds, is a plus.
- Ability to work well with your supervisor, other departments, agencies, and technical support staff. This includes the ability to clearly document and explain problems, as well as work with others to resolve software defects.
- Ability to plan and manage time according to schedules, and provide status updates when required.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and resolve issues using all available resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Is self-motivated to learn and find answers on his/her own.
- Previous experience working with an enterprise-wide, large scale environment
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 528783. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm • Weekend work is required.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POST UNTIL Until Filled
POSTING DATE 04/14/2022
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer