DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF CANDIDATE SERVICES
Office Title: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF CANDIDATE SERVICES
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst III
Department: Candidate Services Unit
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Job ID #: 547651
Please select a category that best fits your position.
□ Administration & Human Resources □ Policy, Research & Analysis
□ Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs □ Public Safety, Inspections & Enforcement
□ Constituent Services & Community Programs □ Social Services
□ Finance, Accounting & Procurement □ Technology, Data & Innovation
□ Legal Affairs
We provide flexible work hours and environment. Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions.
You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DEPARTMENT
Candidate Guidance and Policy (CGP) includes the Candidate Services, Candidate Policy & Communications, and Document Processing units. Together, these units help candidates, and their campaign staff navigate the Campaign Finance Program through trainings, published guidance materials, and one-on-one support.
We also administer, process, and track candidate compliance with public funds eligibility requirements such as the Certification deadline, Conflicts of Interest Board (COIB) financial disclosure and the submission of Statements of Need and Active Candidacy. We obtain and maintain candidate ballot status; review and process candidate-related documentation; and work with other CFB units to set and document candidate-related policies, procedures, and deadlines.
The Deputy Director of Candidate Services reports to the Director of Candidate Services. Responsibilities include:
- Manage workflow of Candidate Services staff who serve as primary liaisons between the CFB and candidates running for New York City office.
- Directly supervise a team of Senior Candidate Services liaisons by reviewing work performed by staff.
- Manage candidate assignments by balancing caseloads in a thoughtful and objective manner.
- Assist with updates to campaign materials and information on the CFB website.
- Manage agencywide oversight of the complete and timely submission of periodic disclosure statements.
- Conduct trainings for candidates, treasurers, campaign staff and the general public.
- Oversee the testing of updates to C-SMART and other CFB systems applications.
- Work closely with the Director of Candidate Services on tracking unit-based projects and tasks.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and five years of work experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns or in a customer-focused environment preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking experience and the ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Customer-focused approach to answering questions and solving problems.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop employees.
TO APPLY: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH EMPLOYEE SELF-SERVICE (ESS)/ NYC CAREERS
- Please apply to the following link: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF CANDIDATE SERVICES
- Resume and Cover Letter are required for consideration.
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.