Office Title: AUDITOR
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title: CFB ANALYST I
Number of Positions: 13
Position Status: FULL-TIME
Job ID #: 533281
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
The Audit/Special Compliance Department’s core function is to perform detailed, timely audits of campaigns’ financial disclosure statements and supporting documentation in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). We offer a dynamic work environment, training, and excellent benefits.
- Analyze financial records and disclosure statements for desk and field financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns. Overtime will be required to complete work as needed.
- Perform audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and following internally developed specialized programs.
- Manage assigned audit caseload in team structure in adherence with internal and external deadlines, coordinating with other CFB units as necessary.
- Provide assistance in planning activities of the audit team during the post-election period and coordinating the team’s activities with other CFB units.
- Prepare written reports and correspondence that are clear, concise, accurate and timely.
- Communicate with campaigns in a professional manner and assist in providing guidance to campaigns on various audit and compliance issues.
- Represent the Auditing and Accounting Unit as required on special projects.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, working with a large public or private concern in budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards strongly preferred.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
- Please select the link following link to apply directly to this vacancy: AUDITOR (13 POSITIONS)
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact email@example.com or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.