Assistant to the Director (Systems Administrator)
Nassau Community College - Assistant to the Director (Systems Administrator) - Nassau Community College Foundation Thank you for considering Nassau Community College in your search.
Garden City, NY
About Nassau Community College:
Nassau Community College (NCC), a member of the State University of NY (SUNY) system of Colleges and Universities, is a diverse and multi-cultural campus. NCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status. NCC promotes positive efforts in recruitment to achieve equity and inclusion and is conducting a search to fill anticipated staff and administrative vacancies. All vacancies are filled pending budget approval.
The Assistant to the Director (System Administrator) of the Nassau Community College (NCC) Foundation is responsible for managing software program(s) and acts as a prospect researcher and a project manager to support the College's institutional advancement, fundraising, and marketing efforts. The Assistant to the Director will also work closely with the Director of Special Programs of the NCC Foundation on long-range planning initiatives for the department.
The Assistant to the Director (System Administrator) works expeditiously and diligently on behalf of the institution, while operating with a data-informed and equity-focused approach to enhance student access and enrollment in collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Prospect research potential donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals to target those most likely to support the College.
- Utilize software of the day to analyze and interpret an individual or corporate donor's capacity to give.
- Manage security, configuration, and maintenance of database(s). Troubleshoot and resolve database and integrity issues.
- Perform complex analysis to support executive decision-making through reports on all giving, both restricted and non-restricted, by source, participation rates, and year to-date fundraising comparisons.
- Analyze and segment data for solicitation and other mailings including annual fund appeals, events, inquiries from the College's Office of Institutional Advancement and year-end fiscal reports.
- Manage gift and pledge processing, acknowledgement, booking, and tracking of all charitable gifts received by the College with particular regard for compliance with reporting standards and privacy regulations.
- Prepare the Annual Donor Report of all private gifts received during a fiscal year recognizing donors by giving levels based on their total giving to the College.
- Manage and maintain all databases.
- Complete all necessary reporting required by any and all governing agencies, including the State University of New York (SUNY).
- Manage social media presence for the NCC Foundation to engage donors, alumni, and to promote College-wide marketing efforts, including online donation pages for each event or appeal and credit card merchant account.
- Manage the PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements ensuring that the NCC Foundation is compliant with the standards to enhance credit card data security, which is a requirement for receiving online donations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Director of Special Programs of the NCC Foundation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical ability in database administration in a non-profit organization or higher education institution.
- Capable of managing multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to collaborate with all College stakeholders including faculty, staff, students and administrators.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or Information Technology from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) to five (5) experience and technical savvy in Raiser's Edge software and Blackbaud software required (or similar software of the day). Proven experience in prospect research and fundraising is a must.
- Proven proficiency in NetSolutions, LexisNexis and Banner Software (or similar software of the day) preferred.
- Experience in website content management, social media and marketing platforms and event planning preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://ncc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=150685