ManagerMy Sister's House
My Sister’s House began in 2000 as a public campaign to establish the organization as Sacramento’s (in fact the Central Valley’s) first agency to address battering in the Asian and Pacific Islander community. This included providing the development of a culturally appropriate safe haven. Its mission was and continues to be “to serve the needs of Asian and Pacific Islander women and children impacted by domestic violence by providing a culturally competent safe haven that empowers them to achieve a life of human dignity.”
The Enterprise Manager is hired by the Executive Director and is directly accountable to the Executive Director and Deputy Director of My Sister’s House. The Enterprise Manager is responsible for developing and managing My Sister’s House social enterprise efforts which currently consists of a small café. S/he is responsible for managing the day-to-day cafe operations, maintaining high standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. The Enterprise Manager creates the tone and personality of the enterprise by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to My Sister’s House mission. This person will have the following responsibilities:
- Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified clients/candidates.
- Facilitates on-going training and development of current team members.
- Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the cafe by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
- Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
- Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS (point of sale system) duties, front and back of house functions, including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with My Sister’s House staff on a regular basis.
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Maintains a clean, well-merchandised enterprise, following visual presentation plans and standards.
- Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
- Seeks and secures donors and manage donated in-kind resources.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy for revenue generating activity.
- Provides information to Executive Director for reports to Board and funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Experienced in small business enterprise, including providing training to clients and volunteers.
- Experienced in operating a small café, including having food handler’s certification.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to design, initiate, and maintain effective systems, identify and manage resources, establish priorities, and evaluate systems.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies (particularly with communities of color).
- Demonstrate experience (either paid or volunteer) in working with domestic violence victims helpful.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking abilities required.
- Conflict resolution skills are highly desirable.
- Bilingual skills helpful (Chinese, Vietnamese or other Asian Pacific Islander language ideal).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use email, MS Word, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle for work; proof of car insurance.
- A strong commitment to helping women and children in need and a willingness to support My Sister’s House mission and values.
Position: Full-time. Note: work schedule may vary
Starting Salary: $45,000 annually with benefits
Deadline to apply: Until position is filled
To Apply: Either mail resume and cover letter to Executive Director
My Sister’s House
3053 Freeport Blvd., #120, Sacramento, CA 95818
email resume and cover letter to by clicking the "Apply Now" buttom