Auditor-Controller Chief Deputy Auditor-ControllerMonterey County
Priority Screening Date: Friday, August 9, 2019
All application materials must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled.
Examples of Duties
The Ideal Candidate
Will have a proven track record demonstrating knowledge of:
- Governmental accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Quantitative analysis and business statistics.
- Principles and methods of personnel management to include supervision, leadership and team building.
- Computerized data processing as it relates to accounting operations information systems.
- State and Federal laws and regulations governing the financial operations of local government, including those affecting fiscal operations, public finance, and financial reporting.
The successful applicant will have the ability to:
- Plan, organize, direct and manage the General Accounting division of the Auditor-Controller's Office, to include oversight of the preparation of the County financial report, the County-wide Cost Allocation Plan, County and Special District Financial Transaction Reports, the Adopted Budget, and the Single Audit Report.
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate the performance of professional and technical staff.
- Provide advice and assistance to departments and special districts; establish and maintain budgetary controls; analyze, evaluate and solve complex and difficult fiscal, accounting and administrative problems.
- Coordinate division activities with those of other divisions, departments and agencies.
- Recommend, develop, write, review, and implement policies and procedures dealing with County financial controls, accounting, and financial reporting; develop and revise accounting and other systems and procedures.
- Review new legislation, regulations, laws; research special financial, accounting and related problems; prepare, review, interpret, explain and apply highly complex fiscal data and reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Possession of a valid certificate issued by the California Board of Accountancy to practice as a certified public accountant (CPA).
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Education: Equivalent to completion of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, finance, Economics, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field with course work in accounting, finance and business administration.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Our Website: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montereycounty
Monterey County, Auditor Controller Department
Attn: Nairi Davis, Senior Human Resources Analyst
168 W. Alisal Street, 3rd Floor – Human Resources, Salinas, CA 93901
Phone: (831) 755-5092 Fax: (831) 757-5298
- A completed County of Monterey Employment Application
- Responses to all of the Supplemental Questions
Monterey County is a drug-free work place and an equal opportunity employer. The County seeks candidates who can make contributions in an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity. Monterey County provides reasonable accommodations for the disabled. If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Human Resources Analyst at (831) 755-5092