MINNCOR Vice President of Operations
Job ID: 54927
Location: St. Paul, MN
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Closing Date: Jun 10, 2022
Travel Required: Yes (Approx. 10% within Minnesota)
Salary Range: $43.39 - $62.12/hour; $90,598 - $129,707/year
Telework Option: This position will have the option to work remotely. Occasional travel between and working in facilities will be required. This may include a hybrid schedule of remote and in facility work or working on site as needed based on fluctuating business needs.
MINNCOR Industries provides premium manufactured goods and services to government entities, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and private sector companies in Minnesota. Our Mission is to provide offenders job skills training to support positive behavior and successful transition into the community, at no cost to taxpayers. We make an effort to fulfill our mission every day with recidivism-reducing programs.
In this position you will direct and coordinate the activities of Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Control, and Logistics, so that the goals and objectives of the Department of Corrections industry program (MINNCOR) are attained. You will formulate and administer company policies and develop long range goals and objectives; and review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. You will confer with and recommend strategy to the CEO and other executive personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives resulting from current status and conditions and serve as member of executive committee on special studies and projects related to MINNCOR operations.
The person in this position must have a thorough understanding of the relationship with and between Business Development, Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Program divisions of the company. This position exists to ensure that an efficient and competitive business model is employed under the auspices of state government.
A minimum of three (3) years of advanced level supervisory and/or managerial experience in a diverse manufacturing operation. (PLEASE NOTE: Completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Public Administration, Corrections, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field may be substituted for one year of work experience.) To qualify, the experience described must demonstrate:
- Experience developing, planning, and managing a diverse product line.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and enough technical expertise to resolve problems in that area
- Experience in making profit and loss management decisions
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures.
***Applicants who meet the experience and education requirements listed above will be further assessed for the following competencies: ***
- Leadership skills sufficient to manage operations, sales, marketing, and finance staff.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, reading financial reports, or budget management
- Knowledge of marketing and pricing strategies, and inventory management.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in strategic planning.
- Ability to evaluate and make judgments about the limitations and possibilities of prospective business opportunities.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills sufficient to provide effective leadership and management of the MINNCOR Executive Team and staff and to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with MINNCOR customers, stakeholders, and the business community.
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to prepare and present information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills sufficient to weigh conflicting priorities and act upon decisions that may favor security over financial or business practice considerations
The following qualifications are strongly desired of applicants seeking consideration for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Corrections, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Corrections, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Five or more years of advanced level supervisory and/or managerial experience in a diverse manufacturing operation as described in the minimum qualifications above.
- Completion of training in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Experience selling products and services to various levels of government.
- Experience in a correctional industry program.
- Experience in new product development.
- Experience working in a correctional setting.
- Knowledge of re-entry/transition programs and concepts.
The selected finalist is required to review and sign a Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) for this position. For a copy of the PDA, please email Jessica Fenlon at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process may include screening the top candidate(s) on their criminal history, predatory offender registration, offender associations and/or other applicable background information in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy.
Employment history/reference checks, including incidents of sexual harassment, will also be conducted on the top candidate(s) in accordance with Department of Corrections’ policy. This may include a review of job performance and discipline records.
New employees will be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Why Work For Us
Join a team with a national reputation for excellence! The Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) is highly regarded nationwide and has provided a model for other corrections systems to follow. Our mission is to reduce recidivism by promoting offender change through proven strategies during safe and secure incarceration and effective community supervision. We offer great State of Minnesota benefits, competitive pay, internal promotional opportunities, free parking, and workout facilities at most locations.
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays each year
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How To Apply
Apply at www.mn.gov/careers. Job ID 54927
Direct Link: MINNCOR VP Job ID 54927
If you have questions about the position, contact Jess Fenlon at email@example.com